The school employs the services of two psychologists.
The task of the psychologists includes the following:
- Dealing with applications to and placements at Paarl School
- Coordinating the multi-disciplinary team which evaluates learners in order to determine the required intervention and whether placement is appropriate or not
- Providing emotional and psycho-social support for learners
- Psychometric testing
- Parental guidance
- Conducting annual follow-up meetings of learners’ progress through the medium of team discussions and parent interviews
- Telephonic queries are fielded and visitors are escorted through the school
- Forms part of the team who represents Paarl School as Resource Centre by providing advice and guidance to schools, parents, therapists and teachers.