Communication with Paarl School
The following channels of enquiries regarding school matters apply:
- School and bus fees:
Consult the written information that you receive once a year re school fees or contact the ladies in our finance office – 021 9815555/6;.
- Hostel fees:
Consult the written information that all hostel parents receive or contact the hostel superindendent (Mr. Faffa Coetzee);
- Bus transport and arrangements:
Contact Mr. Trevor Howard (0849676027);
- School uniform:
Paarl School Prospectus or Mr. Faffa Coetzee – 021 9815555/6;
- Medical matters:
Contact Sr. Sandré Jordaan – 021 9815555/6;
- Discipline and behaviour:
Consult the Paarl School code of conduct or the heads of discipline Mr. Faffa Coetzee (boys) en Ms. Eileen Marais (girls) – 021 9815555/6;
- Evaluation procedures and dates:
Contact the Paarl School psychologists (Ms. Elizette Nel and Ms. Jo Coetzee) – 021 9815555/6;
- Social welfare matters:
Contact the Paarl School social worker (Ms. Marlene Marais) – 021 9815555/6;
- Emotional matters:
Contact the Paarl School psychologists who communicate with Ms. Rene Coetzee, Ms. Martie Loubser (emotional care team) and Ms Marlene Marais (social worker) on a weekly basis – 021 9815555/6;
- Enquiries regarding missing items and the clothing bank:
Ms. Martie Loubser (021-9815555/6);
- Learners’ progress:
Step 1: Contact your child’s teacher (scholastic/academic) or therapist (therapy).
Step 2: Further enquiries to the head of department and then deputy principal/principal.
Please take note of the following as it is beneficial to your child:
- There is an annual multi-disciplinary team case discussion for every learner at Paarl School. Each learner’s individual intervention program is revised and new goals are set for further intervention. Both parents are encouraged to attend this important meeting. Parents receive feedback from the members in the multi-disciplinary team and are given the opportunity to ask questions and discuss their concerns.
- Parents are welcome to make further appointments with staff. At Paarl School we function as a multi-disciplinary team and when you make an appointment it is essential for us to know what you would like to discuss and who you would like to make an appointment with.
- The communication file is used to pass important information and circulars on to parents (especially with older learners). We request that you take note of the content on a regular basis. The homework diary/message book can also be used as a means of communication.